SAF Regional Program Manager
Manages and administers the delivery of American Red Cross services to meet the needs of United States military members, veterans, and their families in accordance with Red Cross policies and procedures. This is accomplished through managing volunteers and working with other Red Cross departments.
1. Relationship Management and Community Outreach: Builds strong relationships with military leadership, key organizations and community leaders. Cultivates relationships and partnerships with external constituents in the local community, including government organizations, corporate partners, civic organizations and other community charitable and nonprofit agencies with the purpose of furthering the mission of the Red Cross. Outreach includes command meetings, education briefings, presentations or information sessions.
2. Volunteer Management: Manages a volunteer program to enable delivery of SAF programs and services. Provides supervision of both paid and volunteer staff. Helps ensure volunteer staff ratio reflects the diversity of the population being served.
3. Service Delivery Management: Ensures the consistent delivery of the SAF core services to all clients in their area.
• Coordinates services to military treatment facilities and VA hospitals through rehabilitation programs, material assistance, and morale items and support.
• Ensures community outreach, to include command meetings and education briefings, presentations, or workshops.
• Ensures a strong military community outreach program and implementation of special events and projects in support of SAF initiatives.
• Manages support services to military members and their families to include family follow-up information and referrals; and other related services. Provides support for the emergency communications center with local information, as appropriate.
• Ensures military and veteran community is offered resiliency training.
4. Financial and Reporting Management: Manages expenditures to ensure programs are operating within budget to support SAF programs and services. Monitors and reports on the outcomes and results of programs and services to ensure organizational accountability and makes recommendations for continuous improvement to ensure metrics are consistently met.
CONUS (United States and territories):
• Works closely with Regional Volunteer Manager to develop and implement a regional SAF volunteer program.
• Partners with the Regional communication team to support strong visibility for SAF in the community.
• May oversee International Services.
OCONUS (overseas military locations):
• Develops and implements a strategic volunteer engagement plan.
• Provides supervision of both paid and volunteer staff and management of all related human resources functions including recruitment, training, utilization, evaluation and recognition in accordance with Red Cross policies and procedures.
• Manages financial and administrative functions in accordance with policies and procedures of American Red Cross.
• Manages the delivery of Preparedness, Health and Safety Services training, disaster preparedness and response, resiliency programs with Red Cross support to the Armed Forces Blood Services.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements:
Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work is performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, human resources management, community organization, social or health sciences, or related field is required; or related equivalent experience.
Experience: A minimum of five years related experience in program management or related field is required.
Managerial Experience: A minimum of 1 year of successful supervisory experience is required.
Skills and Abilities: Requires strong computer skills. Public speaking skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing are required. Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in an individual or team environment. The ability to balance multiple priorities is essential. Familiarity with military culture, regulations and protocol is strongly desired. Experience with American Red Cross programs and services are desired.
For Mobile positions:
• U.S. citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance and a no-fee U.S. passport.
• Worldwide mobility is a condition of employment and an essential function of this position. Must accept work assignments anywhere in the world, including conflict areas, where the American Red Cross is providing services to members of the military and their families.
• Must meet strict medical and physical requirements, including immunizations required by the U.S. military.
• May be required to wear military uniforms, and live and work in harsh and stressful environment in conflict areas.
• Periodically accompanies the military on deployments.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit www.redcross.org/jobs to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights