The Walt Disney Company
Executive Assistant – Employee Relations
From Ms. Juanita C. Martinez, Enterprise Talent Acquisition, The Walt Disney Company.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Corporate Employee Relations (ER) team is responsible for providing clients with ER expertise and services, including conducting investigations, advising on ER issues such as performance management and medical accommodations, interpreting policies and practices, responding to Administrative Agency complaints, and providing ER data and analytics.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for administrative and executive support for the ER team. In this role, you will support three Executives (One VP and Two Directors). Successful candidates are quick learners who possess the ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little guidance while having strong attention to detail and exercising profoundly strong judgment. The Executive Assistant will help the ER team manage highly sensitive topics and therefore must be someone who possesses strong emotional intelligence and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Perform administrative duties including, but not limited to, screening and routing phone calls, arranging conference calls and web-based meetings, managing quickly evolving calendars, processing invoices, scheduling meetings requiring significant coordination and follow up, and ensuring timely and effective communications.
- Provide additional office support such as distributing mail, filing, faxing, photocopying, scanning and tracking documents, data entry, word processing, ordering supplies, and processing purchase orders.
- Under the direction of ER team-members, assist in the preparation of reports and research materials, many of which are highly confidential and/or sensitive in nature.
- On-board new employees, including physical and IT access, acquisition of appropriate equipment, providing general team and systems orientation, establishment of remote access and all other necessary functionality requirements.
- Oversee facility issues and work with building management as needed. Coordinate and support the planning of moderate to complex on-site and off-site events and meetings, working with the offices of various executives.
- Manage the planning, coordination, and execution of business travel (domestic and international), including trip logistics and itinerary, meeting coordination, remote support of executives when they are out of the office and expense report processing in a timely manner.
- Assist with special projects and events as needed
- Interact and communicate with all levels of employees and external contacts with the highest degree of professionalism, courtesy and sensitivity.
- 3-10 years proven administrative experience supporting senior level executives in a corporate environment.
- Positive team player with an enthusiastic attitude and a strong service orientation
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively through demonstrated strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability and eagerness to learn the substance of the work in order to be an effective facilitator within the business unit
- Demonstrated strong ability to be proactive and self-motivated and anticipate administrative needs
- Demonstrated exemplary planning and organization skills – able to set priorities, manage details and accurately follow through to meet all deadlines
- Ability to make independent decisions and demonstrate good judgment in the handling of issues; including those that involve sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines, manage competing demands and change course of action quickly in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrated exemplary organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency within a Windows environment, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SAP; as well as ability to learn new technologies and applications for MAC, iPhone and iPad.
- Provide technical expertise, coaching, skills development and mentoring for administrative team members
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule
- High school degree or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
For further information and to apply, visit:
Additionally, check out this Linked In notification: